Collection of personal information by TSKWe will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means.The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include:
If you interact with us through our Website or a mobile application we may also collect personal information about you including:
- information such as your name, postal address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address, age, IP address and credit or debit account details;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, loyalty program, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity, or subscribe to our mailing list,
- personal information obtained through use of our Website, or interacting with or by following our social media pages like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- personal information you provide to us via a TSK branded restaurant, customer service centre, or support centre, or when you place an order in-store, by telephone, or via TSK’s mobile or electronic ordering system. This information may include your name and contact details, menu preferences and previous order information, IP address and financial information including credit card details and payment details;
- your records of communication with us when you submit an enquiry or make a complaint;
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or our marketing agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.You have the option of not identifying yourself, or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us. However, in some cases it will not be practicable to deal with you anonymously or using a pseudonym, including when you have elected to receive direct marketing materials or requested delivery of products or services from us, in which case we may be unable to provide you with materials, products or services if you do not identify yourself.We will not collect sensitive information about you (such as information about your racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless the collection is required by law or you have consented to such collection including if you are applying for a position with TSK or to become a TSK Franchisee.
- information about the device you are using;
- other information including your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited.
The purpose of collecting your personal informationWe will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- carrying out general business operations;
- providing you with goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your enquires or complaints;
- meeting legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you; and
- marketing (such as providing you with information about TSK products and promotional notices and offers).
How your personal information is heldWhere we store your personal information depends on the interaction you have had with us. However, some areas may include:
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if there is no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
- databases for processing customer enquiries or feedback;
- or email or SMS databases for marketing communications.
How your personal information will be usedWe use your personal information for our business functions and activities, and to provide products and services to you, which may include:
We operate CCTV cameras at our premises and restaurants. Images captured by our CCTV cameras are collected, used and stored for security and operational purposes, and to assist with any investigations relating to incidents or accidents at our premises and restaurants.We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
- processing meal orders you place with us in our branded restaurants or via our electronic or mobile ordering system, providing you with email or SMS confirmation of your meal orders, providing you with our products and services and processing meal refunds where applicable;
- locating the nearest restaurant to you and providing you with location based notifications;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a TSK promotion, competition, promotional activity, loyalty program, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
- providing marketing and advertising materials for current and future products and services, invitations to events and special offers, competitions and promotions in person and through other means including our Website, telephone, mail, electronic messages (e.g. SMS, MMS, instant messaging and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communication;
- analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services;
- assisting you with remembering and re-ordering from our menu in future;
- administering and conducting traineeships;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal and regulatory requirements;
- maintaining and improving the operation or navigation of our Website;
Disclosure of personal information to third partiesWe may disclose personal information we collect from you:
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information, we will require our contractors to comply with Privacy Laws.
- to related companies, TSK Franchisees (or to TSK and its related companies if a TSK Franchisee collects the personal information), suppliers, consultants, contractors, and agents for the purposes set out in the section above entitled “How your personal information will be used” or for other purposes related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected and which you would reasonably expect us to do so. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product it produces;
- to relevant Federal, State, Territory food safety authorities and health authorities for the purpose of investigating a food safety or health issue;
- if you are an employee or trainee, to Federal and State educational training institutions for the purpose of conducting retail training and receiving funding for such training;
- to TSK Franchisees, if you have made a enquiry or complaint relating to a store that is owned and operated by one of our TSK Franchisees;
- to third parties to help us analyse our business practices and improve our products and services, and obtain feedback;
- to third party service providers that we use to help us conduct our business (including but not limited to technology service providers, archival service providers and marketing and communications agencies and service providers);
- to our professional advisors and insurers in the course of obtaining professional advice;
- in the event there is a change of ownership of any TSK business, to the new owners of the business (but only on the basis that the personal information is kept within the business);
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you; and
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
Direct marketing and opting in or outWe may use your personal information to:
We may disclose your personal information to marketing agencies so they can assist us in the marketing of TSK products and services to you.We will only offer you products or services where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.At the point we collect personal information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request (refer to Privacy Queries and Complaints section).
- promote and market current and future products and services to you; and
- inform you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers.
Mobile device permissionsIf you use a mobile device to access our Website or a TSK mobile application, we may collect device information from you. Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining consent to the collection of this information. You can generally manage your platform level permissions through the ‘Settings’ section on your device.
Access and Correction of your Personal InformationYou may, at any time, request access to and correction of any personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to the Privacy Queries and Complaints section below).If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating our records whenever changes to the data come to our attention.
Privacy Queries and ComplaintsIf you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or wish to access or correct personal information we hold about you, please contact us at:Telephone: (03) 8673 8839 (9.00am to 5.00pm EST, Monday to Friday)Website: www.tokyosushikitchen.com.au
This Policy was last updated on 1st May 2020.